Conservatories, Gardens By The Bay
The two Cooled Conservatories at Gardens by the Bay offer a spectacular visual and spatial experience for visitors.
Created by a collaborative design team led by Grant Associates, the Flower Dome and the Cloud Forest combine stunning architecture by Wilkinson Eyre Architects, ingenious structural and environmental engineering by Atelier One and Atelier Ten, innovative interpretation by Land Design Studio, striking branding and signage by Thomas Matthews and visionary landscape design with planting procured by the Gardens by the Bay horticultural team.
- Cooled Conservatories house 226,000 plants from every continent except Antarctica
- 1.2 hectare Flower Dome replicates a cool-dry Mediterranean climate
- Giant flower field with changing seasonal displays
- Raised walkways to explore exotic planting
- 0.8 hectare Cloud Forest recreates cool-moist climates of Tropical Montane regions
- 35 metre high epiphyte clad mountain with waterfall
- The Mountain houses galleries and a black box media exhibition themed around climate change and habitat loss
- Powered sustainably via horticultural waste, efficient de-humification and thermal stratification
- National Parks Board, Singapore
- Wilkinson Eyre Architects
- Atelier One, Atelier Ten